Friday, March 6, 2009

Hey! Where have you been?

Oops. Like I said, duty calls.
Anyway, it's been a busy week ahead. With my exams coming up, I still took time to help sprion test dotapod, ain't I an angel? (And sprion still owes me Pasta Mania!)

velvet, could you just get to the main content?
Okay, okay. I hear you already. Alright so the progress.
By order of release.

  1. Now your username = default IGN.

  2. You can change but it just makes identification so much easier!
  3. Guest can use dotapod. But with the name DotaPod.com

  4. DotaPod Game Server is released! (I'll explain later)



So yeah, that has been the happenings on the development side.
A lot has been happening but I'll get on to the DPGS introduction.

Okay, what is this DotaPod Game Server (DPGS)?
It's basically a bot. A bot that creates games.
First, I need to clear the misconception that the server is hosting it.
It's actually hosters. People like me, who port forwarded.
Oh, then why can't you just create normally?
DPGS doesn't need my Warcraft to be open and I don't need to be physically present in game.
It can host simultaneous games as well. So if game 1 starts, game 2 will be created.
It'll stop the lack of games Zion/DotaPod has!
Woah, any other features?
Not much is known yet, but they even know load times and etc.
They also collect statistics of the match which is really cool!

Alright, enough of DPGS. You must be wondering, "erm, which part of the testing schedule is DotaPod at?" To tell you the truth, I have no idea as well. Things turned a little messy. But my guess, we're in BETA stage. Closed or open, not really sure.

Future sights?
This is a possibility but it may not happen.
It's been talked over between sprion and me that DotaPod.com would be something like our basis and main focus. In addition, I've been pestering sprion about having a standalone. So we kinda had this whole idea.
We might be bringing the old Zion back BUT it's now a standalone of dotapod. It won't be as quick as dotapod though since dotapod would be our main focus. Fans of dotapod can use the standalone at ease.
Oh and it isn't really a standalone, it's just an upgraded Zion. :)

So yeah, we bring in the new and upgrade the old. Sounds good?
As of now, I guess we need as much beta testers as possible. To fine tune the whole system.
There will be ideas springing out from the developers and admins about the future of the system and how it can beat Garena, ahem, I mean other game emulations.

Anyway, that's all for now. You'll see more real soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment