Friday, March 6, 2009

Honouring the past.

I used to remember myself getting bored with Battle.net and was finding means of playing Warcraft III online.
And yes, I found Zion. It wasn't a 1 time love affair for me. (I know it wasn't for some of you as well!)
I remember configuring Zion and IRC was a total chore. I took time and got it configured and I realized,"Hey this is one hell of an application!" That's when my love for it began.

Why?
It was a closely knitted social network between all the gamers there. And since most of them came from the Asian side of the world, it made it easier to communicate and share stuff.

And you don't see drama at Battle.net. Whereas, Zion has 9327492379487293749823 drama cases. Yes, yes. Drama is bad for health and it makes everyone angry but seriously, life is full of such stuff. So it really brought life to gaming.

I remember the few infamous people in Zion. Like roastbird. I can't believe he's still around. I remember him being the person scolding everyone and anyone he sees. God. It was crazy.

There was an admin named Skadi who called sprion "something" (I can't say if not, I'll lose my job!) and this made sprion rage and kick Skadi out. Skadi then pooled a huge amount of Zioners to his side and created a protest! Yes! I'm speaking the truth. Online protesting! Oh gosh, those were the days.

There were attacks from lancraft on to Zion and yes, the infamous CuteWorm incident. I was at the scene where all the mass kicking started and that made me laugh rather than get worried. Sorry, I know normal people don't laugh in such circumstances but who cares!

Anyway, Cuteworm is back. Yes he is. And he'll most likely be helping dotapod out! :)

There was the shift of servers as well. Wow! It's been really long, huh? Switching from Galaxynet to Gamesurge. I use to remember messaging Q for access and now I'm messaging chanserv for authorisation. Oh I'll miss that.

H mm... my journey? I used Zion and my computer kept lagging in game. So I kept visiting the forums for help. And soon, the forum became somewhere I frequent almost every other day, even in school!
Soon, I volunteered myself to sprion if I could become a moderator and I got it! I wasn't an admin in #Zinc back then and was just a user though I was a moderator. So yeah. It's been a humbling journey for me. Look at me now! Reporting for dotapod! I am honoured definitely.

So I'm here to tell you. Don't fret. Dotapod isn't getting rid of all of this but in fact is gonna amplify this. So hope for much more coming your way. Seriously, I can't wait for it! Though I'll miss Zion, dotapod is still Zion just with another name and a unique turn of use.

Let's honour the past, future and present while we use dotapod.

No comments:

Post a Comment